I was diagnosed with cancer in May of 2014. Since that time I have had extended family members coming to take care of us every week. Basically the past five months we have been picking up family from the airport to help us.
Our parents have been the major care taking force. They have all flown in, worked on mounds of laundry, walked grand kids up the hill on early mornings, cooked, listened to teenagers, weeded flower beds, solved kid disputes and filled the dishwasher day after day. They have not complained but insisted I rest or that I sit down. The time they have given to us will always be remembered and appreciated.
Bryan and I have 9 siblings plus my uncle's family are more like siblings then aunt and uncle so we will say 10 all together. Almost every family has flown someone into Seattle or our kids have flown to be cared for by them. My children have gotten to know their aunts, uncles and cousins better. Someone said to me just the other day that they were amazed by how remarkable my children are doing through all we have been through. Well I know it is because they have been loved by our extended family.
One of the great sayings coined by my church is: "Family, it's about time." Life is about making time for those we love and for people in general. I know that our family of 6 has been immensely blessed because our extended family made the time to help us. I am certain that I would not be in as good of health without their help. Their examples of sharing time will remain with us always.
Can I just say we have an awesome large family! I am so grateful for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment